Each Membership Makes An Impact
- General Memberships support art educational classes, art workshops and art exhibitions while helping build the Greater Latrobe Community.
- General Memberships provide affordable art classes for individuals of all levels of artistic ability. Students of all ages have the opportunity to experience art in the making.
- General Membership is a key source of operating funds, community outreach, art programs and events.
Latrobe Art Center relies on the generous support of members and donors to keep art alive in the community. As a non-profit, we strive to create a meaningful impact on the growing number of participants who join the center for the many programs and community events. As demand and enrollment for children and adult art classes (including Buddy Art Program, Champion of the Arts, or Pop-the-Cork), increase, more resources must be used to support this expansion. Consequently, Latrobe Art Center seeks to achieve $20,000 in new and existing memberships throughout 2016 in order to progress and continue offering events which benefit both individuals and the entire community. Please consider helping us reach this goal and keep art alive in the Neighborhood!
MAKE AN IMPACT
The Latrobe Art Center depends on the generosity of individuals and organizations to provide much needed funding for community projects, special events, and our annual juried exhibitions.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS AND REWARDS
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Renew My Membership?
- It enables one to receive discounts.
- It supports the art center’s mission to act as a community hub to foster creativity and encourage, explore, present, and appreciate art in all its forms.
- It assists the art centers contribution to the art programs within the schools.
- It continues to revitalize Latrobe by bringing people downtown for various community events.
By Being A Member, Help Us Continue To Change Lives.
- Art Among Us is an art educational program that has successfully reached close to 3,000 individuals throughout the year.
- Kids Summer Art Camp: The LAC holds four different camp sessions over the summer for children from ages 3-16. The children embark on a creative journey and experience art in different forms.
- Buddy Program serves children and adults with special needs across Westmoreland County. Close to 1,000 individuals with disabilities have been able to embark on a creative journey and experience art in all different forms.
- The Center hosts two unique "three day workshops" with nationally-known artists in a variety of media. Individuals from across the U.S. travel to the Center to take these workshops.
- A Member of the Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau & part of the Group Tourism Program, the Center offers unique artistic packages where individuals who would consider themselves non-artists engage fully & openly in the creative process. Bus tours from Canada, Mississippi, Washington, New York, & Maryland have had the pleasure of experiencing what our Neighborhood has to offer.
- Forming partnerships with a variety of businesses, & other non-profit organizations across Westmoreland County enables us to be successful. We are ALWAYS able to accomplish more TOGETHER than alone.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
- You will receive the benefits offered at various levels. The higher membership level, the more benefits you receive.
How Can I Increase My Support?
- Increase your donation by becoming a member at a higher level.
- Volunteer your time at the art center for kids classes, events, mailings, etc.
- Donate items for specific events or causes.
Why Does LAC Want My Email?
- To inform about classes, kids camps, workshops, and events at the center.
- To always keep you informed about happenings at the art center and in downtown Latrobe.